- Sewing has been my passion since my 7th grade Home Ec class in 1969.
- I took my first quilting class in 1983, and have made over 100 quilts.
- Since 1985 I have been making custom quilts for clients, completing them with my hand or machine quilting.
- I have taught both my daughters how to quilt, as well as a Girl Scout Troop and some friends.
- Ihave taught many different types of quilting classes over the Years at several quilt shops.
- SoFro Fabrics in 4 locations in the 1980‘s
- Hand Quilting at A Touch of Amish in Barrington for many years
- Shoo Fly Quilts in Grayslake
- Quilter’s Destination in Arlington Heights
- My first American Professional Quilting Systems (APQS) Longarm was purchased in 1997 and I upgraded to the APQS Ultimate II shortly after that. In early 2005 I upgraded again to the APQS Discovery.
- I have custom machine quilted over 1,500 quilts since 1997.
- Iam a member of the following organizations:
- American Quilter’s Society (AQS)
- International Machine Quilters Association (IMQA)
- International Quilt Association (IQA)
- Professional Art Quilters Alliance (PAQA, Glen Ellyn, IL)
- Northwest Suburban Quilters Guild (NSQG, Lake Zurich, IL)
- Prairie Patch Quilt Guild (PPQG, Mundelein, IL)
- Women in Business Network Group (WING, Grayslake, IL)
- Lake County Women’s Club (LCWC, Grayslake, IL)